Corporate governance communications specialist AVP Credit Suisse is a leading global asset manager with strong investment banking skills. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with branches in around 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Credit Suisse embodies entrepreneurial spirit and offers our clients holistic financial solutions, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. In striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward exceptional performance of our employees, offer extensive training and development opportunities, and benefit from a variety of perspectives to create value for our customers, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We are a division that values diversity and inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the company’s D&I ambitions, which are an integral part of our cultural values
In the IB and CRCO Technology division, there is the opportunity to manage all aspects of the communication and employee loyalty function in the more than 9,000-strong organization as a key member of the CAO function.
IB and CRCO Technology provides the IB and CRCO Business Units with innovative, robust and commercially differentiating front-to-back technology solutions to provide our customers with a robust, clear and fully coordinated market franchise. The function works with the CAO of IB and CRCO Technology and works closely with management and other communication colleagues within the department.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for supporting the business management work stream as well as the communication and engagement work streams. The role provides the opportunity to gain significant experience in IB and CRCO technology, play an important role in day-to-day operations, messaging and communication of the department’s strategy, and work directly with the organization’s executives. This role is set in Raleigh.
- Assistance in coordinating weekly MC meetings by creating agendas, compiling and distributing materials, recording minutes and participating
- Work on a quarterly employee recognition program: Assistance with filing and logistics
- Maintenance and updating of organizational charts and organizational charts
- Support in the planning and logistics of the town halls and locations
- Collect and coordinate external nomination contributions
- Assemble various departmental metrics and successes as needed
- Use multiple written and electronic communication channels such as video channels, social media, intranet, newsletters, etc.
- Manage and update content on the company’s intranet website.
- Support in coordinating global and special employee engagement events to promote the engineering culture and increase engagement between managers and employees
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is committed to promoting an inclusive culture in all areas of working life so that people of all origins are treated equally, can develop their full potential and bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to write clear and concise business communications.
- Ability to understand and focus on details, but also to take an overall strategic approach
- Can communicate optimally with colleagues at all levels, including senior members of the organization
- Conduct with high principles (the incumbent operator may be exposed to confidential information and data)
- Proven organizational skills with multitasking ability
- Ability to work effectively and partner with the team and others
- Excellent project and time management skills!
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Particularly good knowledge of Excel, Power Point and SharePoint!
- Experience with website editors like OneCMS
- Understanding of global financial markets preferred but not required
- Understanding and experience in video production (primarily screenwriting and partnering with MEPS) is preferred but not required
Credit Suisse is an equal employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination in all jurisdictions in which it operates facilities. Subject to applicable legal and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse will comply with state and local laws to consider qualified persons with a criminal background.