The Head or RM Inventory is responsible for leading and developing the RM team and for delivering the ticket budget revenue for the entire network.
1) Directs the formulation and execution off market and inventory strategies,
2) ensuring the continuity of RM transformation, new tools and processes, integration of new technologies according to business needs for future growth and market adversity,
3) ensures transversal cooperation and coordination with various interest groups,
4) anticipates market changes, reduces performance risks and records upward potential in accordance with the competitive context and
5) Facilitates a dynamic and agile work environment that gives teams the right tools, reports, information and development opportunities. RMI welcomes the VY culture, values and establishes a strong code of ethics.
RMI reports to the Director of RM, Pricing and Analytics, leads a period of 2 managers and 14-17 analysts reporting to him / her.
Functions & responsibilities
- Brings airline revenue management experience and best practices from an LCC / ULCC model
- Manages, inspires and leads a team of 2 managers and 14-17 Analysts by involving them and creating an open and flexible – entrepreneurial work environment
- Embeds an agile, data-driven culture based on collaboration, curiosity, and active learning that focuses on achieving goals, growth, and performance
- Model the VY culture and values as a role model
- Responsible for setting and implementing budget sales targets and corporate financial goals
- Takes responsibility for the commercial VY Transform project, the full introduction of new technical solutions and optimization opportunities, while at the same time reducing risks, adapting processes and delivering results
- Provides company, trade and team KPIs, sets best practice standards and continuous improvement, including but not limited to inventory optimization and market modeling. This includes close cooperation with the relevant stakeholders across the company
- Proactively communicates risks and opportunities at all levels from senior management to analysts, including diagnostic and action plans based
- Formulates and implements adaptive market strategies, including developing and deploying existing and new capabilities to enhance performance in collaboration with the other areas
- Develops and develops growth tactics to revolutionize the market and create more value for our core customers and stakeholders based on our business model
- Improves productivity and efficiency through automation, better tools, reports and digitization.
- Executes market strategies through the RM optimization ecosystem, ensures full use of tools and automation, as well as demand forecasting
- Prepares the organization with skills and a platform for the RM of the future, integrates KPIs, automation, data system methodology and continuous optimization
Interaction with other people
Head of Pricing and Analytics, Head of RM Systems, all commercial directors and managers, sales optimization, all commercial areas, IT, data, operations, network, transformation, finance, human resources and law
Knowledge & experience
Educational requirements: University degree in economics, business administration or any engineering / math / statistics field with an affinity for inventory operations or operations research
Additional training / knowledge required:
MS Office Suite (extended), Excel, SQL, R, Navitaire, Amadeus, airRM, Tableau, BO etc.
Experience: 6-8+ years RM experience, at least 3 leading teams
Fluent in English, willingness to travel, strong interpersonal and communication skills, humble and proactive, eager to learn and able to adapt to constant changes. Positive, team player, reliable and resourceful.
Fluent knowledge of Spanish or business knowledge is an advantage.
Experience working in complex organizations, dealing with conflicts and influencing shareholders at all levels. Data-driven mentality.